Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Naps (but no Apps)

Things are looking up. My luggage finally arrived yesterday, and I'm off in a few hours to meet up with Barb in Cambodia.

The time difference is really throwing me off, though. We're eleven hours ahead of the east coast US. So, right now it's really 10 am on Wednesday morning, even though I think the blog entry probably says it's 11 pm on Tuesday night.

Anyway, late Tuesday afternoon I went back to my hotel room to take a nap while the rains were a-coming, and I couldn't make myself wake up for dinner. So, I slept from 4 pm until 3 am. I've now been up since 3 am, apart from a short nap I took around 6:30 am. (I did catch an awesome made for tv movie with Melissa Joan Hart and a special about climbing Mount Everest in the middle of the night.)

I'm hoping things straighten out when I meet up with Barb. Now, those who know Barb are probably laughing a little bit, because Barb really loves to sleep. But, I think having someone else around will keep me from going to bed at 4 PM!!! (First the orthopedic walking sandals, now going to bed in the afternoon. Next, I'll be watching Lawrence Welk and complaining about my bunions.)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hee hee . . . I remember your dream for Naps n' Apps! I think that day we also decided to open a bar called Hooter McBoob's if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sure the time change thing will pass. I can't wait to see you when you return. I especially want to see photos!!

Dan said...

So wait -- you're living in the future??

Yo! SLB Raps said...

Actually, I was thinking of writing a whole entry about how coming here is like the closest you can hope to get to time travel. But, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep from digressing.