Friday, May 25, 2007

It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

I hesitate to write this, at the risk that I sound like I'm gloating. But, anyway...

I just got to Tierra del Fuego, pretty much the end of the earth. My hotel is on the edge of a peninsula in a small town named Ushuaia. The oversized 15 foot window in my room looks out across the Beagle Channel, with the Andes mountains right on the other side of the Channel. (I have a 180+ degree view of the channel and mountains.) It's snowing a little bit, and I'm lounging on my king-size bed covered up with a caramel colored wool-llama hair blanket. The hotel has satellite TV, so when I get bored with the view, I can watch Law & Order or MTV. In a little while, I'm going down to the hot tub, which also happens to look across the Beagle Channel to the Andes mountains.

If I had known life could be this good, I would have quit a long time ago.

Seriously.

Have a great memorial day weekend, all.

No comments: