Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Tannenbaum, part the second

Thanks all for the many, many British names. Some of those have been names in years past. Nigel is the first one that comes to mind every year, followed by Jeeves.

I ended up decorating the tree, but it kind of looks like I wadded up the lights and ornaments and tossed them on the tree, hoping some would stick...or hoping it would detract from the fact that more and more needles continue to fall out. At least it doesn't smell like socks and vomit, like the Madoogan tree.

But that would be a good sort-if british name: Saxonvaughmitte. Of course, to be a truly British name, you have to add a bunch of consonants that don't get pronounced, and a nice little "shire" at the end, like Gloucstershire or something.

In other news, I'm mourning the loss of a tv show. Why do the networks cancel all the good ones? First, Arrested Development. Now, Journeyman. I contemplated writing a whole blog entry about it, but the world has heard enough about my feelings on time-travel.

But back to the topic on hand. A new name. I think I'm skipping tradition and going with something non-British. Well, British inspired, but only if you follow the leaps of logic that my brain does. I shall call the tree: Puddin'. It's in honor of how British people make things that are called pudding -- like Blood Pudding -- but that are not at all pudding-like or even remotely delicious.

Plus, it means I can do a Bill Cosby impersonation every time I say Puddin'.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Just admit it, you call him Spotted Dick in private. ;)

M said...

I love both black (blood) and white (God knows what offal) puddings, so I take exception to the "not remotely delicious" comment.