Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Rapping

I spent the day fighting the gale winds rushing across the outlet mall tundra to try and buy some Christmas gifts for friends and family. I didn't end up buying much, but I did stumble across two inalienable holiday truths today:

1 - Contrary to what the 24-hour holiday radio stations will lead you to believe, there really are only so many Christmas songs. That number dwindles even further when you're dealing with shops catering to a so-called hip crowd. So today I found myself hearing the same loungy x-mas songs that used to play on a loop in the Georgetown J Crew circa 1999, and I was immediately taken back to the trials and tribulations of folding dozens and dozens of roll-neck sweaters after store closing.

Suffice it to say that I'm over the loungy x-mas music. I'd be happy if all the stores would give up trying to be hip, and just play a loop of the classics: Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis, Band-Aid Do They Know It's Christmas, and of course, Wham's Last Christmas.

2 - While browsing on-line for a gift for my near teenage nephew, I decided to check out a sporting goods store website. Bottom Line: Remember to type in the whole name www.dickssportinggoods.com. I don't want to tell you what happens if you accidentally leave off the sporting goods part, but I'm sure the FBI has a file on me now.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

LOL! Thanks for making me pee my pants. ;)