Sunday, April 15, 2007

We've Got Tonight...

Tonight, I am heartbroken. I spent the day and evening saying goodbye to so many good friends who are here in New York. It was my last night out in NYC, and I was lucky and grateful to have so many good people around me, who have been friends for many years. Still, I am so very sad about moving from New York, and saying goodbye to everyone. Even though I am doing something so very exciting and living out a dream of mine, I am incredibly upset about the close of this chapter in my life. Change is never easy, and I will miss everyone so much.

If last week the soundtrack to my life was playing George Michael's "Freedom", tonight it is nothing but non-stop Tom Waits. (Picture a montage of me walking along a series of deserted docks, and you'll have an inkling of how I feel).

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How long have we known each other and I never knew the soundtrack to your life featured Tom Waits. I love him.

Wham, on the other hand, I've always known about.

Dita said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. You are truly one of the coolest people I know, did I mention funny too. Can't wait to read about your interantional adventures. Looking forward to seeing you tonite.

Cheers,

Dita

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this. I was partying in Milwaukee... Happy trails!