Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Here!!!!!

I arrived in Buenos Aires this morning. I've been here a few hours -- just enough time to check into my apartment, shower, figure out the internet in this place, and stock my fridge with agua con gas and queso. (Most of the essentials -- I'm still lacking some wine, though.)

The trip down here was super long, but was the best that one could hope for under the circumstances. I somehow lucked into an exit row seat on the plane with no one sitting next to me. I think that's as good as it gets in coach. (I take that back -- the only thing that would have been better is if the hot Frenchman that I saw in the waiting area would have ended up in the exit row seat next to me. But, you can't have everything.)

Interestingly, I was surprised to learn that on Delta, booze is no longer free on international flights. When did this happen, and what is this world coming to? I'm so disappointed in Delta. Badly done, Delta. Badly done, indeed.

I'm sure I'll have more details to report later... my friend Barb is on her way over to say hola.

4 comments:

Our Heroine said...

So glad you arrived safely! What's up with your cell? Can we still call you on it?

Yo! SLB Raps said...

You could call my cell, but I think it's lying on my mom's kitchen countertop, so I won't get the message until June.

My apartment came with a cell phone, but I have yet to buy a phone card for it.

Rebecca said...

I'm soooo excited that you are there! Yeah! Can;t wait to hear about EVERYTHING and I mean everything. Oh and I never gave you money to buy and ship me stuff. Send me an address and I'll hook you up, chica.

Kate Eleanore Higgins said...

I wish I could have seen you before you left. So glad that you arrived safely. HAVE FUN!!