Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Sound My Barbaric Yawn.

I've been officially unemployed two days now -- I don't count the holiday weekend -- and I have to say that early retirement is truly underrated. I should have done this years ago.

I haven't really done much the past two days. In fact, yesterday I didn't get out of my pajamas or leave my apartment all day. I have taken three naps in the past two days, but I did manage to squeeze in time to read People magazine and watch probably a half dozen episodes of Law & Order. (It's important for one to keep up on current events and the latest legal issues, even when leading a life of semi-retirement.)

All of this is great for me, but it doesn't leave me with much to write. I'm just waiting for the deluge of pithy observations and witticisms to come. I'm definitely going to need to drink more if this blog is going to continue.

Oh -- I forgot to add the other benefit of early retirement -- the chest pains I was experiencing have now been replaced by less worrisome leg pains. So, I no longer have to worry about myocardial infarctions, and can focus on restless leg syndrome or some sort of embolism instead. (There are a lot of health-related commercials on daytime television that are not chicken soup for the hypochondriac's soul.)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh yes, you need an activity. ;) I think that catching up Law and Order is a perfect way to spend your first day in early retirement!

Anonymous said...

Yo, this blog is dope!

Anonymous said...

Sucka!!!!!

Our Heroine said...

When you can't think of anything pithy or witty to say (a daily struggle for me), troll through and post YouTube videos. Leastways, that's what I do!

Anonymous said...

Yo, this blog rules!