Thursday, January 24, 2008

Badly Done, Comcast. Badly Done.

There are about 100 other things I should be doing right now, like finding employment or cleaning my apartment or moisturizing. But instead, I'm obsessed with my TIVO, which has recently fallen ill. It won't download any programming, and I'm distraught at the idea of having to part ways with my TIVO, now five years old.

I'm convinced the very evil Comcast is somehow behind this newest problem. They want everyone to switch over to their brand of DVR (at $14.00 a month). So, they have made it extremely difficult to get the TIVO working with their cable boxes. I knew about these problems before I moved to the district, and almost considered living in VA or elsewhere just so I could carry-on with my TIVO.

Fortunately, I think I have figured out a way to fix my TIVO, and am heading out shortly to Radio Shack to buy the doohickeys I need. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to initiate an antitrust investigation -- based on hunches and conjecture -- into the oppressive ways of the Comcast overlords.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Don't they have other cable there yet? My parents have Comcast and two Tivo's so you should be able to fix it. Luis can help if you need it, he's a whiz kid at that kind of stuff. :) I miss tivo. Well it's on the upstairs TV but we have DVR downstairs because it's not compatible with HDTV or something. You have to get some kind of cable cards or something and well . . . I didn't win the battle.