Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Semi-Charmed Kind of Life

In addition to avoiding diabetes and moisturizing more, entertaining is one of the things that has been occupying my time while waiting for my new job to start. Now that I have left NYC and live in an apartment that can fit more than three people at a time, plans for dinner parties, Oscar parties, and a return of the much loved Small Party (Le Petit Soiree) have been bouncing through my head for months.

So, I've been meaning for a while to write a post about hosting dinner parties, and in fact made a half-hearted effort last month in my entry about the pressure to be a crack pastry chef. The folks over at StuffWhitePeopleLike have saved me the effort, and summed up perfectly the thirtysomething's formula of hosting a dinner party and the anxieties that accompany it.

Thus, you are saved from my own personal diatribes about hosting dinner parties -- and one very gross story about how I fell victim to the bubonic stomach flu right smack in the middle of the dinner party I hosted last month. Not pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.